It’s almost time for dinner and I’m staring at the Thermomix Varoma thinking I have to do something with the chicken in the fridge!
Then it dawns on me – Why not complete the January ThermoFun Club Members ‘Cook Off’ Challenge and do a Lemon & Chilli marinade on the chicken and cook in the Varoma.
So that’s the story of the Lemon & Chilli Chicken dinner at our house! 🙂
I LOVE steaming chicken in the Varoma as it makes it just so juicy and moist!
Click Here for a very popular recipe (Herbie the Chook and his vego friends) to cook a whole chook in your Varoma! 🙂
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chicken pieces
- 1000g boiling water from kettle
- choice of vegetables
Place chilli and garlic into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7. Set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, chilli, garlic, salt and pepper and rub over chicken.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl. Place chicken into Varoma and place assembled Varoma on TM lid and cook 45 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Add vegetables into Varoma and cook 15 mins / Varoma / speed 2 (time will vary depending on choice of vegetables).
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.