This thermomix muffin recipe came about purely by chance. I was sitting at the computer doing some paperwork, trying to concentrate while my brain is telling me that skipping breakfast wasn’t my most brilliant idea, when the computer told me I had some mail.
Well if it wasn’t exactly what I needed a muffin recipe delivered straight to my inbox. The only problem it was a little boring!
So I thought about what I had in the fridge and what the base of the muffin recipe was and went to creating myself some lunch.
Now not to toot my own horn, but geez these were nice!
Oh and the paperwork is still sitting there … one day … 😉
- 70g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 3 spring onions, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 90g semi sundried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp chives (or can use combination of fresh rosemary, sage, thyme, chives, parsley, etc)
- 270g self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 125g light cream cheese, softened and cubed roughly
- 1 egg
- 250g milk
- 40g olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 190°C.
- Place parmesan cheese in TM bowl and grate 5 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place spring onions, garlic, sundried tomatoes and herbs in TM bowl and chop 1 sec / turbo. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add remaining ingredients (including parmesan cheese – leaving aside a couple of tablespoons to sprinkle on top of muffins) and mix together 10 sec / speed 8. Scrape down and check all is mixed through with aid of spatula.
- Pour into 8 (¾ cup sized) greased muffin tin. (I made 6 muffins the first time but suggest to spread it amongst 8).
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese and bake in oven 20-25 mins.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack 5 mins before turning out of the tin.
- Serve warm or cold.
Suitable for freezing.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.