Basil pesto made into a beautiful creamy sauce with pasta and sun-dried tomatoes! What could be better?!
Give it a go, you won’t be disappointed! Absolutely perfect recipe for a Mad Monday if you are looking for a very quick and easy meal to make. Gotta love having a Thermomix for those frantic evenings when the kids want dinner NOW!
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- generous handful fresh basil leaves
- 60g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 75g raw nuts (pine nuts/cashews/macadamia or a combination)
- 4 rashers short cut bacon, quartered
- 125g sun-dried tomatoes
- 250g thickened cream
- 350g penne pasta
- 450g boiling water from kettle
- pitted kalamata olives
- crumbled feta
- Place basil (reserve a few leaves for garnish), parmesan and nuts into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8.
- Add bacon and sun-dried tomatoes and chop 4 sec / speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add cream and cook 2 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse.
- Add pasta and boiling water and cook 12 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse (refer to recommended cooking time on pasta packet).
- To serve, top with olives, feta and garnish with basil leaves.
If you have some pre cooked shredded chicken stir through when pasta has finished cooking (the hot pasta will be enough to warm the meat through).
The sauce works well with steamed chicken.
For other “Mad Monday” recipes Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.