You look in the fridge and you see left over hummus and left over roasted capsicum. You think to yourself – Do I? – Okay, Okay, I’ll google first to see if it is a legit combination … Well google says 771,000 results – so can’t all be bad! Yum first time around, then with a little tweaking – Thermomix Roasted Red Capsicum Hummus! Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 large red capsicum, halved, seeds removed
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 20g lemon juice
- 40g tahini
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 30g olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- extra olive oil, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place capsicum and garlic into a baking tray and drizzle with oil.
Place into oven and bake 30 mins. Remove from oven and place in ThermoServer or a plastic bag to ‘sweat’ while cooling.
NB: This makes the skin come off very easily.
- Squeeze out garlic from cloves.
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl and mix 15 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and repeat until desired consistency.
- Refrigerate prior to serving and then drizzle with a little oil.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.