Well it’s the day tomorrow to don all your green! This thermomix peppermint brownie recipe will have you ticking all the green boxes! With a nice peppermint taste this brownie is the perfect accompaniment to your dinner party. But then again – do we really need any reason to have a brownie after dinner? Nah I didn’t think so…
For many more of my ThermoFun Wicked Wednesday recipes Click Here.
- 170g milk chocolate melts
- 140g caster sugar
- 110g butter, cubed, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 85g plain flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 70g butter, cubed, softened
- ¼ tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 180g icing sugar.
- 30g green Crème De Menthe (or 1 tsp green food colouring plus 1 tsp peppermint extract or to taste)
- 125g milk or dark chocolate melts
- 10g coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan forced). Grease and line 27 x 17cm tin (make sure the baking paper rises up a little higher than the sides to give you space for the toppings).
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and grate 5 sec / speed 9. Scrape down and melt 2 mins / 50°C / speed 2. Scrape down and continue melting 1 min / 50°C / speed 2.
- Add sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla and mix 5 sec / speed 4. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add flour and cocoa and mix 10 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and repeat.
- Pour into lined tin.
- Bake for 22-25 mins. Let Brownie cool completely before making the Crème De Menthe topping (or put it in fridge to speed up process).
- Place butter and vanilla into TM bowl and mix 15 sec / speed 4. Scrape down and mix again 10 sec / speed 4.
- Slowly add icing sugar through hole in TM lid for duration of 1 min / speed 3. Scrape down. Add Crème De Menthe (or colouring and peppermint extract) and mix again 10 sec / speed 3.
- Spread over top of Brownie and chill in fridge for about two hours or in freezer for 30 mins.
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and grate 5 sec / speed 9.
- Add oil and melt 2 mins / 50°C / speed 2. Scrape down and continue 1 min / 50°C / speed 2.
- Pour melted chocolate over Crème De Menthe topping and leave to set.
- Store in fridge.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.