This recipe was developed because someone had raided Grandma’s cupboard and got hooked on the Packet Mac N Cheese! :O So a thermomix alternative HAD to be found! This thermomix mac n cheese pimped up was born! If you are a true Mac N Cheese lover then you’ll be adding this one to your list of favourites – Could it even be the No 1 spot?!?!?!?
Tania shared this recipe with me after her kids nagged her about buying some more of the Mac N Cheese that Grandma had! This is what she had to say “So instead I made them a version that I’m happier to serve them. They go for thirds, not just seconds whenever they convince me to make it again. I thought I’d share it with any other fellow Mac ‘n cheese lovers.”
I don’t know whether to suggest anything else with this or if a bowl and a fork are enough 😀
- 500g macaroni pasta
- 4 slices bread, quartered
- 1 head of broccoli florets
- 100g tasty cheese, cubed
- 100g gruyere cheese, cubed
- 100g short cut bacon, diced
- 10g olive oil
- 75g plain flour
- 750g milk
- 50g butter, cubed
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp paprika, sweet
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- ¾ tsp salt
- grinds of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Prepare pasta according to packet directions while cooking the sauce. Strain well and pour into a large rectangular casserole or baking dish.
- Place bread into TM bowl and crumb 4 sec / speed 6. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Place broccoli florets into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 6. Set aside in another bowl.
- Place cubed cheeses into TM bowl and grate 6 sec / speed 9. Set aside in bowl with broccoli.
- Place bacon and oil into TM bowl and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add broccoli, cheese and remaining ingredients (except pasta), and cook 10 mins / 90ºC / speed 4 / Reverse.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and stir through. Cover with bread crumbs and bake in oven for 15-20 mins or until crumbs are golden brown.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox become a ThermoFun Club Member today!
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.