Ever since I created the ThermoFun Members Club I have been expanded not only in my cooking ability but also my tastebuds have had a workout as well. I mean do you know how many people ask me daily to convert a chocolate recipe… Okay maybe I just keep finding them 😀 , but when Michelle asked me to convert this recipe, I did kinda reluctantly say yes. I am not a huge fan of gingerbread or even ginger. The saying about ‘you don’t know how good something is until you taste it’…. well this Thermomix Gingerbread Cake is just that! It’s a really lovely cake!!! 🙂
Michelle said that pre thermomix days she would make this recipe from Whole & Heavenly Oven as it was a good ol’ fashioned cake that was perfect for the Christmas table (or any time of the year!) Since we need some warming up here in Australia at present – I think it’s perfect for after dinner or to have for afternoon tea served warm.
- 60g butter, cubed, softened
- 100g brown sugar
- 150g golden syrup
- 65g plain yogurt
- 125g milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 230g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
- ½ tsp allspice
- To serve: dollop of whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a square tin with baking paper.
- Place butter, sugar and golden syrup into TM bowl and mix 1 min / speed 4. Scrape down.
- Add yoghurt, milk, egg and vanilla and mix 15 sec / speed 5.
Add flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda, salt and spices and mix
30 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and mix 10 sec / speed 5.
- Pour mixture into tin and bake 25-30 mins.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Serve with whipped cream (optional).
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.