Now everyone loves the Hedgehog Slice, but there comes a time when you want to take something humble and add a little something extra to “take it to the next level” and when you combine my daughters favourite chocolate bar into this – I think you can understand what happened! GONE! GONE! GONE! Didn’t even get a photograph … so I just HAD to make it again one weekend when she wasn’t home! Then I got to finally try some and WOW talk about humble being dressed up and ready to take to the next BBQ, kids party, bring a plate, playgroup, work function etc etc etc.
I am keen to actually try some different chocolate bar versions of this and perhaps I might need to look at publishing a Hedgehog Slice book! 😉 It really is seriously delicious and you won’t be disappointed – my only suggestion – MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOURSELF SOME! 🙂
If you haven’t seen some of the other Wicked Wednesday recipes that are published on the 3rd Wednesday of the month then here you go ? Wicked Wednesday recipes.
- 500g milk or dark chocolate, melts
- 150g golden syrup
- 40g coconut oil
- 3 x 50g Violet Crumbles, cut into chunks with a knife
- 200g Scotch Finger biscuits, broken into ⅛ by hand
- 170g almonds
- Lightly grease a 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice tin. Line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above tin edges.
- Place almonds into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 9.
- Add syrup and coconut oil and melt 5 mins / 50°C / speed 1. Scrape down and continue melting 2 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- While chocolate is melting, break biscuits and cut violet crumbles and place into the large bowl with the almonds.
Add melted chocolate to large bowl.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- With aid of TM spatula combine mixture until coated with chocolate.
- Spoon into tin. Smooth over lightly, leaving jagged, rough edges on surface. Refrigerate for a few hours until set.
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.