PUMPKIN in a Thermomix Hot Chocolate! I can hear you all already ... and yes I was the same, but when Sue from Thelma and Souise set me a challenge to try this hot chocolate with pumpkin what could I do...
I had to stop the nagging, so I worked up the courage and made it! Well I was amazed!! I could not taste the pumpkin at all!! It was sensational!
This makes approximately 3 mugs. The recipe can also be halved.
This would make a great late night small meal, especially for lactating mothers, as it is so nutritionally dense. Would go very nicely with a lactation cookie too. :)
This is a great base recipe that you can adapt and use any type of milk you prefer e.g. almond milk or any type of sugar you prefer. The spices too, could be altered to please your own personal taste.
If you have any leftovers you can make Spiced Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Puddings!
- 30g raw sugar
- 250g pumpkin, cubed
- 10g cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 500g milk
- 2 teaspoon ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- Place sugar into TM bowl and mill 10 sec / speed 9.
- Add pumpkin and chop 7 sec / speed 8.
- Add cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, milk and vanilla and cook 15 mins / 90°C / speed 2 / MC off.
- Blend 1 min / speed 9.
- Insert butterfly and froth 20 sec / speed 4.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar on top and with whipped cream if desired.
For more “Thirsty Thursday” recipes Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Thanks for the recipe. I found the hot drink a little too spicy for me so toned it down with more milk. I also used some sweet potato to make up the quantity as I didn't have enough pumpkin.
I made the spiced pumpkin puddings later with the 2 cups of leftovers but the spices worked perfectly in the puddings. Delicious little morsels.
Thanks for the feedback Judy :) Glad you enjoyed it!
Made it today. My hubby and kids loved it (& my 20mth old is seriously fussy!)
Thanks for a new recipe I can hide a vege in :)
Thanks Jacinta! Pleased you enjoyed it! :)