Thermomix Pancakes on Shrove Tuesday – doesn’t get much better than that!
For those that don’t participate – here is a great recipe to have when the feeling strikes! 🙂 Like every morning, morning tea, afternoon tea or dare I say dinner or dessert! 🙂
This is so versatile and quick when whipped up in the Thermomix – with some great little ThermoFun variations too! Oh and IF you can keep the family away – you can double the recipe – and freeze for quick lunchbox fillers.
Make a batch of my Maple Butter to serve with them too!
- 40g butter
- 200g self raising flour
- 20g raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 280g milk
- ½ tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- Serve with your choice of topping, eg maple syrup, honey, lemon & sugar, jam, Nutella, bacon & eggs
- Place butter into TM bowl and melt 2 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 20 sec / speed 5.
- Add some flavours to your batter at this stage.
- Combine 10 sec / speed 4 / Reverse.
- Pour the batter into a bowl or jug to rest for 15-30 mins.
- Heat a fry pan on the stove. Once hot, turn down the heat to low/medium.
- Use some butter or spray oil and either pour large pancakes or spoon small pikelets into the pan. Flip when medium golden brown on the first side and continue to cook until the same on the other side.
Blueberry & Coconut
- 1 cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
Chocolate Chip & Banana
- 1 banana - mashed with a fork
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
Bacon & Maple Syrup
- 2 rashers of crispy fried bacon diced into small pieces
- 30g maple syrup
- 1 apple grated
- 20g brown sugar
- 20g self raising flour (extra)
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional for nut free)
- 1½ tsp cinnamon ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg ground
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.