This recipe is a twist on a beef stroganoff with a Mexican slant! It’s really yummy and certainly a filling recipe. This would also make a great pasta bake. This recipe freezes well. I do encourage you to make my ThermoFun taco seasoning too.
This is a great recipe to learn lots of new techniques! Mince your meat, grate cheese and cook fettuccine in the Thermomix and cook mince in the simmering basket. This recipe was enjoyed by many on the July 2014, ThermoFun Cook Along.
NB: Turkey or chicken can be used instead of beef, if desired.
- 80g cheddar cheese, cubed
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 red capsicum, quartered
- 10g olive oil
- 5 teaspoon ThermoFun Taco Seasoning
- 400g tomatoes, diced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 250g cream cheese
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1200g boiling water from kettle
- 400g fettuccine
- Place cheese into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside. See Notes below
- If you are mincing your own meat, do it at this point and then set it aside. See Notes below.
- Place onion, capsicum, oil and taco seasoning into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add tomatoes.
- Place mince into simmering basket and insert basket into TM bowl and cook
15 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Break up mince with aid of spatula and cook a further 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Pour mince into TM bowl. Add cream cheese, grated cheese and mushrooms and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse. Half way through the
10 mins stir with spatula.
- Stir through parsley with aid of spatula.
- Pour stroganoff into pre-warmed ThermoServer to keep hot while fettuccine is cooking.
- Give TM bowl a very quick rinse and add boiling water and fettuccine into TM bowl.
- Cook 14 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
For tips on cooking spaghetti/fettuccine in your TM Click Here
Tip: Grating Cheese:
Cheese grates better if either partially frozen or straight from the fridge.
Tip: Mincing Meat:
I personally use round or rump steak to mince. I cut it into chunks and remove fat and sinew. It is important to remove all sinew where possible, as it does not mince at all well.
Meat is easier to mince when it is partially frozen. However it still works if you are not organised enough to have it partially frozen.
I mince 250g of meat at a time.
To mince meat: *1 sec / Turbo and repeat to desired consistency.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Wendy Edwards says
Not a fan of mince in Thermie so substituted shredded chicken instead
Winner Winner Chicken dinner!
Was a smash with the family 😋
Thank you Wendy, so pleased you and the family enjoyed it! :)
On Cathy's say so we are trying this tonight.
Hope you enjoy it Alysia! :)
Another yummy dinner thanks!
I added extra amounts of the veg and some corn.
Oh that's awesome to hear Jo :D And go the extra veg :D
This is a regular in our house. I stir the sauce through 500g packet of cooked spirals and freeze the leftovers.
Thanks Cathy - I haven't made this for so long! I think I'll add it to my must make list for this week! :)
I am going to make this for tonight (will be my 2nd time we're having it), using a sachet of Stroganoff seasoing mix, tinned tomatoes, cream cheese and maybe some added spice, then I'll serve it on jacket potatoes with grated cheese..cant wait ;) !!
oh YUM! Enjoy Leanne :)
Wow, easy and delicious, made into a pasta bake and plates were licked clean :)
Great to hear Michelle :) A bake is always a winner in this house too.
What a delicious and filling recipe! I have made this several times now and it's been an absolute winner each and every time! The last time I made it, I got 4 huge meals out of it, so it's definitely a great one for feeding a crowd.
Thank you for another ThermoFuntastic recipe!
Ha love the ThermoFuntastic - Glad you've enjoyed the recipe.
Hello! I made this delicious dinner tonight, and HEY PRESTO.....my VEEEERRRRRY picky 6yo ate it and promptly asked for a second serving!! :) I did make a couple of simple changes though as I didn't have chilli or marjoram in the Taco Seasoning that I made, and i used Sweet Chilli Cream Cheese instead of plain. It didn't matter that I left out the chilli powder from the seasoning because the cream cheese was actually fairly spicy hot. Also, I left out the capsicum since I didn't have it. SO....THANK YOU HEAPS, LOVE IT! (sorry for long msg but had to tell you :0) !
That's awesome to hear Leanne! Any child that goes back for seconds with dinner makes the recipe a winner! :)
This was yummy, thank you!
Thank you! Pleased you enjoyed it! :)
The recipe is not showing up :( looks delicious though
oh no Emma, it is showing for me. You may need to clear your cache (clear history). If that doesn't work please email me at [email protected] and I can give it to you that way.
Thanks it's working now. Will be cooking it tonight :D
Great Emma! Enjoy! :)
We loved the flavour of this. I made the taco seasoning as per the linked recipe. First night I had it with caulimash and then we had it in fajitas - it was great and so tasty.
Thanks Leonie !!!
Thanks Linda :)