Here is another great reason to have my much loved ThermoFun Passata in your freezer. I've always made my bolognaise this way but have never thought to write it down and publish it! There was a bolognaise discussion in my ThermoFunkies Club Facebook group a couple of weeks ago, so I wrote down my recipe and sent it to a few of my members to try. They all replied saying "you need to publish this now" as their kids gobbled it all up and it is a great way to add hidden vegetables.
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 50g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 4-500g spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 rashers short cut bacon, quartered
- ½ stick celery, halved
- 1 small carrot, quartered
- optional: any other veg eg. 3 mushrooms; ½ a zucchini
- 10g olive oil
- 20g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 600g (½ batch) ThermoFun Passata
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs, dried
- pinch of cinnamon, ground
- 30g red wine (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- 500g beef mince
- handful parsley, chopped
- Place parmesan into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Cook pasta in TM bowl as per instructions in EDC/BCB and set aside in pre-warmed ThermoServer.
- Place garlic, onion, bacon, celery, carrot (and other optional veg) and oil into TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add stock, passata, mixed herbs, cinnamon, wine and pepper.
- Place mince into simmering basket and insert into TM bowl. Cook 10 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse.
- With aid of spatula, break up mince and carefully pour it into the sauce. Coat mince with sauce and cook a further 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off placing simmering basket on TM lid to prevent spatter.
- Add parsley (reserving some for garnish) and stir through with aid of spatula.
- Serve on top of spaghetti and sprinkle with parmesan and remaining parsley.
Add a pinch of dried chilli flakes to your bowl of bolognaise to spice it up a bit!
This recipe has been tested in the TM31 and the TM5 - however please be mindful of suggested quantities above due to bowl capacity limits, especially TM31 users.
For other recipes using my ThermoFun Passata Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Tessa Oster says
This is by far my favourite bolognaise recipe! I use for my lasagne too 🥰 Is it possible to add this to my Thermomix through create a recipe?
Thermomix have said on their facebook page that this is not allowed.
"What you can't do:
❌ Please do not upload recipes from other Thermomix® recipe sites or cookbooks. This would be a breach of copyright and against our Terms of Service.
So, it's super simple! If the recipe is yours, you can upload. If it's from Cookidoo® or Recipe Community, you can import it.
* If it's from anywhere else, it's not for upload to Cookidoo®."
Tessa Oster says
I wasn’t meaning to offend, sorry. I was hoping there was a way you could upload to make it easier for me to use, not for me to claim your recipe. All good, not a worry.
Thanks for getting back to me.
oh honestly Tessa, NO offence taken at all. All good! Thank you! :)
This is one of the best spaghetti Bolognaise I’ve ever made, must be the red wine. Yum.
Thank you Jean! :)
I will try it today for lunch :) Would you please explain to me what "MC" stands for? in "MC off"
I got it! Measuring cup... :9
Yes my apologies Marializ - it is measuring cup :D
My family really enjoy this recipe and it's great that the mince stays a good texture and not smooth like in some other TM bolognese recipes. I didn't have time to make any Passata this time so cheated by using the following tweaks.
Chopped 1/2 red capsicum with the other veg. Instead of passata used 2 tins diced tomato, 1 tsp dried mixed herbs, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp paprika, 30g tomato paste. Cooked this at step 4 for 10mins/Varoma/Sp1 Reverse. Then continued following the recipe as you have it. The pinch of chilli flakes really makes a difference and I recommend it!
Thanks for sharing your tweaks Tania for when you don't have time to make the passata. :)
wow - that was delicious !
Thanks Annette, I'm pleased you enjoyed it! :)