If you like the noodle salad on the back of the Chang's Fried Noodles packet then this is the recipe for you! A simple quick dish that will have the family asking for that Thermomix crunchy noodle salad again and again and again.
I love this with some shredded chicken, and it's perfect to serve at a bbq, with or without the chicken!
When I pack this for work lunches I put the salad and chicken together and then package up the dressing separately so that Steve can add in when they sit down for lunch.
It is a relatively cheap meal to add to your menu plan & always a crowd pleaser when hosting or attending get togethers.
This recipe always seems to have the perfect blend of crunchy & tangy. It's just so delicious! Off to the shops to get some cabbage and make this again!
- ½ Chinese cabbage, cut into small chunks
- handful fresh coriander
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 3 spring onions, sliced by hand
- ½ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 packet Chang’s Fried Noodles
- Place ⅓ cabbage and coriander into TM bowl and chop 2-3 sec / speed 4. Set aside into a large salad bowl. Repeat again with another ⅓ of the cabbage. Then repeat with the final ⅓ of cabbage.
- Mix oil, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauce into a small bowl and combine with cabbage.
- Add almonds, spring onions and noodles to salad bowl and toss.
For more great Thermomix tips and recipes join our free monthly newsletter and check out our e-cookbooks.
If you have enjoyed the Thermomix Crunchy Noodle Salad then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Not everyone can handle coriander...any suggestions of what to substitute?
Beth I would suggest try using parsley for basil. :)
This sounds amazing! Is there a good substitute for the noodles as a low carb option? 😊
I love your version we are going to have this one night this week. Now, for menu planning 8)
Enjoy Merryn :)
Aria smith says
Wow!!!This noodle salad recipe looks yummy and as tasty as it looks!!Thanks for sharing!!!
Enjoy Aria! :)