In honour of those that served for us - here is a delicious Thermomix Anzac Slice.
A few simple ingredients and you have an amazingly reminiscent dish of Anzac Biscuits but in a slice! A great one to have on hand for lunch boxes, afternoon tea or even at the next family gathering.
With many thanks to Darra, one of my lovely ThermoFun Members for asking me to convert her favourite Anzac Slice to be made in the Thermomix.
If you enjoy a good Anzac Biscuit or the anzac flavours, then check out these other great recipes: ThermoFun Anzac Recipes
- 130g butter, cubed
- 100g golden syrup
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 tablespoon boiling water from kettle
- 150g plain flour
- 80g oats + a handful to sprinkle on top
- 80g coconut, desiccated
- Preheat oven to 150°C fan forced. Line a slice tin with baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
- Place butter, golden syrup and sugar into TM bowl and melt 3 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Scrape down and continue 1 min / 50°C / speed 1.
- In a separate small bowl, combine bicarb soda and boiling water, stirring until dissolved. Add to TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 2.
- Add flour, oats and coconut and mix 20 sec / speed 3 / Reverse.
- Pour into slice tin and press mixture down using the back of a spatula, spoon or MC. Sprinkle with a handful of oats.
- Bake 20-25 mins or until light golden. Allow to cool in tin.
- Lift out and cut into 20 bars. Keep in an airtight container.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Dr Martin Huang says
WOW! Something I never try before and it turns out great. Loving this new recipe.
Thank you. Pleased you enjoyed it!