Do you remember when I made the Tim Tam Chocolate Cake or the Tim Tam Fudge? No then check them out! But this thermomix Tim Tam Crazy Shake is seriously not for the faint hearted! If you love and I mean LOVE Tim Tams then this is for you! If you like to have an occasional Tim Tam – oh who am I kidding – just have it!!! 🙂
I enjoy Tim Tams and this was ……..
This is a great wicked dessert (perhaps I should have made it a Wicked Wednesday dish!) for when you want a little indulgence but don’t have to “cook” for many. We enjoyed these while watching a movie (I can’t remember the movie – I think I was asleep with my eyes open) to stay awake after we got back from our trip to the United States for a prostate cancer conference, an IT conference, a blogger conference and a little mini drive holiday. In retrospect I think I could have just done this and it would have cured all my jet lag!!!! 🙂
It was really decadent but once I had made it to the bottom I was a little disappointed! I wanted more!!! I think I may have been eyeing Steve’s off and wondering if I just stared at him long enough he would just hand it over. I don’t know if it was just him ignoring me or he was totally engrossed in the movie or maybe it was the Tim Tam Crazy Shake – just-too-good-to-share!
Best part about this shake is that you can pretty much use any of the flavour tim tams (white chocolate, dark chocolate, chewy caramel, or any of their celebrations ones)
Adapted from the Arnotts website.
Need more great Thirsty Thursday recipes? Check them out here: ThermoFun Thirsty Thursday Recipes
This makes 2 milkshakes.
- 30g milk chocolate for melting
- 2 Tim Tams, crushed roughly by hand
- 200g cream
- 150g vanilla ice cream
- 400g milk
- 4 Tim Tams
- 2 scoops extra vanilla ice cream
- 2 extra Tim Tams cut into half diagonally for decoration
- Melt chocolate on a small plate in the microwave for approx. 30 sec or until just melted. Rim the edge of 2 glasses with the chocolate and encrust with the 2 crushed Tim Tams. Set aside any remainder chocolate and crushed Tim Tams.
- Insert Butterfly in TM bowl. Add cream and whip until firm peaks form approx. 30 sec / speed 4. Place the whipped cream into a piping bag with a large nozzle and set aside.
- Place 150g ice cream, milk, Tim Tams and any remaining melted chocolate in TM bowl and mix 40 sec / speed 8.
- Place a scoop of ice cream into each glass and pour in the milkshake up to about 1 cm from the top rim of the glass.
- Pipe a swirl of cream on top of each milk shake. Decorate with a Tim Tam cut into half diagonally and sprinkle on any remainder crushed Tim Tams left over from decorating the glass rim.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.