This recipe was originally on the Thermomix Recipe Community. Luckily I had scribbled it on a piece of paper as one day I looked and it had suddenly disappeared from there. I have tweaked the recipe over time but as always, I would like to pay credit to the original author. If it is you, please let me know so I can give you the recognition for producing this great recipe I have made many times. 🙂
I often make this when I have a lot of over ripe tomatoes that I want to use up rather than throw out the next day! Once cooked and cooled, I put it in ice cube trays in freezer and then once frozen I remove the cubes and store them in a large zip lock bag in the freezer.
- 1500g very ripe red tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp mixed herbs, dried
- 1 Tbsp paprika, sweet
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Place approx. half the tomatoes in TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 8. Add remaining tomatoes and chop 20 sec / speed 6.
Add remaining ingredients and mix 5 sec / speed 4. Cook 20 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / MC off placing simmering basket on TM lid to prevent spatter.
** WARNING – WHEN PUREEING HOT LIQUIDS FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN YOUR THERMOMIX INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL **
- Replace MC in lid and pulverise 1 min / speed 9 gradually increasing speed from speed 1 to speed 9.
- Scrape down and cook 40 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / MC off placing simmering basket on TM lid to prevent spatter.
- Spoon paste into ice cube trays. Once frozen cubes can be stored in a container / ziplock bag.
Store in freezer.
1 cube = approx. 20g (1 Tbsp)
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.