This month’s Wicked Wednesday might not seem very “wicked” but with Easter fast approaching it is something that is quick, easy and just a little wicked in the sense that it’s consistently calling out from the fridge! I swear I can hear it calling me now ….
Tempering chocolate is a dream in the Thermomix. For more tips on tempering chocolate have a look at my “Techie Tuesday”
This is a very simple bark recipe using the lovely colourful Cadbury Candy Mini Eggs crushed on top and within the melted white chocolate. The candy eggs give the bark a lovely crisp crunch to the bark too.
This is also a great one for the kids to do with you or while you watch over them.
- 125g packet Cadbury mini crispy candy shell eggs
- 250g white chocolate melts
- 20g coconut oil
- Crush candy eggs while still in packet. I did this with the help of a rolling pin! The aim is to still have a fair few big pieces, so crushing them in TM would make it too fine.
- Line a square cake tin with baking paper. Sprinkle half amount of crushed eggs onto baking paper.
- Place 200g chocolate and oil into TM bowl and grate 5 sec / speed 9.
- Scrape down and melt 4 mins / 50°C / speed 2.
- Half way through the 4 minutes, remove lid of TM bowl and scrape down any chocolate from sides or any that is on top of blades.
- At the end of the 4 minutes, add remaining 50g of chocolate to the melted chocolate and mix 1 min / speed 2 (no temperature selected).
- Pour chocolate on top of crushed eggs.
- Sprinkle on top of chocolate remaining crushed eggs.
- Place in fridge to set.
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
For other ThermoFun Wicked Wednesday recipes Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.