Since owning my Thermomix I have enjoyed experimenting with so many different spice blends and this has to be one of my favourites. It is easy to make, very fragrant and tastes so fresh. With no added anti-caking agents, I now use this blend every time I make a recipe asking for curry powder.
- 2 Tbsp coriander, seeds
- 2 Tbsp cumin, seeds
- 10 cardamom, pods (crush pods and discard outer shells)
- 1 Tbsp mustard, powder
- 1 Tbsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 curry leaf, dried
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl and dry roast 15 mins / Varoma / speed 2 / MC off.
- Replace MC in TM lid (see notes below) and mill 30 sec / speed 9.
- Store in an airtight container away from extremes of heat, light and humidity for up to 1 year.
- Shake well before each use.
WHEN MILLING SPICES:
Place baking paper in between your TM bowl & lid to keep spices within bowl.
Use this paper to then funnel your spices into small containers.
Then use the residual spices in your bowl to make a fragrant coconut milk which can be used immediately or frozen for your next quick curry.
• Recipe can be multiplied
For other recipes using ThermoFun Curry Blend Click Here
For other great ThermoFun spice blends Click Here.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.