This is the yummiest cake I’ve had in a very long time! The strawberries make it so beautiful and moist. This makes a large cake so it’s great for a crowd. Perfect for a picnic, morning or afternoon tea, lunchbox treat or anytime!
It’s lovely served with a dollop of strawberry whipped cream.
This recipe was inspired by and tweaked to be made in the Thermomix from a Cadbury recipe.
This recipe only uses half a block of cream cheese so Click Here for ideas on using the remaining half. 🙂
- 200g white chocolate melts
- 125g cream cheese
- 125g butter, unsalted cubed
- 230g raw sugar
- 250g milk
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 eggs
- 140g plain flour
- 140g self raising flour
- 500g strawberries, halved (reserve 6 for the whipped cream)
- 6 large strawberries (approx. 100g)
- 30g icing sugar
- 300g cream
- Line a rectangular baking tin approx. 31cm x 21cm. Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9.
- Add cream cheese, butter and sugar and melt 2 mins / 50°C / speed 3. Scrape down and continue 1 min / 50°C / speed 3.
- And milk and vanilla and mix 20 sec / speed 3.
- Add eggs and both flours and mix 15 sec / speed 3. Scrape down and repeat.
- Pour half the mixture into the lined baking tin and scatter over half the strawberries. Pour over the remaining mixture and then stud with remaining strawberries.
- Bake for 60-70 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. The top should be a lovely golden brown. Allow to rest 10 mins before turning it out onto a cooling rack.
- Place strawberries and icing sugar into TM bowl and purée 10 sec / speed 8.
Insert butterfly into TM bowl. Add cream and whip 20-60 sec / speed 4 / MC off. Or until the cream is just thick enough to dollop, careful not to turn to butter!
NB: the time for whipping cream is variable depending on the temperature of your cream.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.