Here is another great reason to have my much loved ThermoFun Passata in your freezer. I’ve always made my bolognaise this way but have never thought to write it down and publish it! There was a bolognaise discussion in my ThermoFunkies Club Facebook group a couple of weeks ago, so I wrote down my recipe and sent it to a few of my members to try. They all replied saying “you need to publish this now” as their kids gobbled it all up and it is a great way to add hidden vegetables.
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 50g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 4-500g spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 rashers short cut bacon, quartered
- ½ stick celery, halved
- 1 small carrot, quartered
- optional: any other veg eg. 3 mushrooms; ½ a zucchini
- 10g olive oil
- 20g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 600g (½ batch) ThermoFun Passata
- ½ tsp mixed herbs, dried
- pinch of cinnamon, ground
- 30g red wine (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- 500g beef mince
- handful parsley, chopped
Place parmesan into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Cook pasta in TM bowl as per instructions in EDC/BCB and set aside in pre-warmed ThermoServer.
- Place garlic, onion, bacon, celery, carrot (and other optional veg) and oil into TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add stock, passata, mixed herbs, cinnamon, wine and pepper.
- Place mince into simmering basket and insert into TM bowl. Cook 10 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse.
- With aid of spatula, break up mince and carefully pour it into the sauce. Coat mince with sauce and cook a further 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off placing simmering basket on TM lid to prevent spatter.
- Add parsley (reserving some for garnish) and stir through with aid of spatula.
- Serve on top of spaghetti and sprinkle with parmesan and remaining parsley.
Add a pinch of dried chilli flakes to your bowl of bolognaise to spice it up a bit!
This recipe has been tested in the TM31 and the TM5 - however please be mindful of suggested quantities above due to bowl capacity limits, especially TM31 users.
For other recipes using my ThermoFun Passata Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.