It’s Wicked Wednesday again! On the third Wednesday of every month I share with you a wicked recipe! If you are new to ThermoFun make sure you check out my other Wicked Wednesday recipes.
Oh my!!!! This is just soo AMAZING!!!! Yes we all know that I LOVE chocolate and the Snickers bar is probably one of my top favourites. When I saw this recipe via youtube on my facebook newsfeed I knew I had to make it immediately! Luckily I had all the ingredients on hand! Well the final result was sooo exciting to think I’ve now replicated a Snickers Bar! 🙂 I did ‘have to’ make it many times this weekend just to make sure it was perfect of course!
Tania, one of my lovely recipe testers said I should call it “Can No Longer Fit in Your Knickers Slice”!!!
It’s a good thing I have my Dieting Rules to follow or this could be very, very dangerous!! 😉
This Snickers recipe was inspired by a Kidspot recipe tweaked to be made in the Thermomix.
- 500g milk chocolate melts, divided
- 150g peanut butter, divided
- 200g white marshmallows
- 1½ cups icing sugar
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 120 raw sugar
- 110g brown sugar
- 80g butter
- 70g glucose syrup
- 200g condensed milk
- Grease 16cm x 26cm slice tin. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm from edge on all sides.
- Place 250g chocolate into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside. (this is for top layer)
- Place 250g chocolate and 50g peanut butter into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Scrape down and melt 3 mins / 50°C / speed 1. Scrape down and repeat.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into base of tin and place in freezer while you melt the marshmallows. Wash TM bowl (see method no.15 below)
Place marshmallows and 50g peanut butter into TM bowl and melt 2 mins / 100°C / speed 2. Scrape down and melt a further 1 min / 100°C / speed 2. Scrape around bottom of blade and melt a further 1 min / 100°C / speed 2. Set aside in a large bowl.
Do NOT do next step in TM bowl!.
- Add icing sugar to marshmallow mixture and with a wooden spoon mix until it all combines to form a sticky dough. Place on a piece of baking paper and use a rolling pin to roll it out to approx. size of your slice tin. Press dough onto top of the first chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle marshmallow layer with peanuts.
- Place raw and brown sugar into TM bowl and mill 1 min / speed 9. Scrape down.
- Add butter, glucose syrup and condensed milk and cook 25 mins / Varoma / speed 2 / MC off.
- Pour caramel on top of peanuts.
Place in freezer while you melt chocolate for top layer.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Place grated chocolate and 50g peanut butter into TM bowl and melt 3 mins / 50°C / speed 1. Scrape down and repeat.
- Pour melted chocolate over top of the set caramel layer.
- Refrigerate 10 - 15 mins or until set.
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.