Winter is here down-under and there really is nothing better than a warm meal while you’re sitting on the couch rugged up watching your favourite TV show. But you know what, that’s sometimes more hassle than it’s worth! Soooooooo this winter I am cuddling up with my blankie, a good glass of wine and some dip! This thermomix lemon, basil hommus dip is just so delicious!
You’ll be sitting down in seconds keeping warm and enjoying a light meal! 😉
Don’t forget you can warm up some flat bread in the oven to have a warm crunch to your dipping!
I have been enjoying this for lunches as well – with all that has been happening in our house – quick meals/snacks have been a must! The kids have enjoyed taking this to school/work as well.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained (reserve approx. 20g liquid)
- 20g fresh basil
- 30g tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g lemon juice
- 20g olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- sprinkle of paprika, smoked (to garnish)
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving some of the liquid.
- Place all ingredients (except paprika) into TM bowl and chop 1 sec / Turbo.
- Scrape down and repeat to desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve with flat bread or crackers.
For more great recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.