These shortbread are great to use for gifting or to have on hand to serve guests through the festive season. If you like a plain shortbread, just skip the add-ins and dust with some sugar prior to baking. This makes a huge quantity but the dough freezes well if you don’t want to cook the whole batch in one hit.
- 160g pistachio kernels
- 100g dried cranberries
- 330g butter, cubed, softened
- 180g sugar
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 525g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 190g white chocolate chips
- Place pistachio and cranberries into TM bowl and chop 2 sec / Turbo. Set aside.
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla into TM bowl and mix 1 min / speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add flour and salt and mix 20 sec / speed 4. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add cranberries, pistachios and choc chips and mix 15 sec / speed 4 / Reverse. Finish combining with aid of spatula if required.
- Divide dough into three and roll each one into smooth, solid logs approx. 5cm x 25cm.
- Wrap in baking paper and chill in fridge for a minimum 30 mins (or up to a month), or can be frozen.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line tray/s with baking paper.
- Slice into 1cm slices. If they crumble just form them back into a disk shape with your hands. Place them close together on trays as they won't spread much.
- Bake 12-15 mins until the edges just start to brown.
- Allow to cool on trays before storing in an airtight container.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.