On my ThermoFun Facebook page I asked the following question:
“In less than 10 words, tell us your absolute favourite Thermomix short cut / tip / handy hint / advice / warning….”
I have collated the responses here from the post. I hope the comments will help new owners.
- Have FUN! :)
- MC off + tomato + turbo = crime scene!!!
- Ensure the base is connected to the bowl when you go to put it on the TM unit.
- Turbo few seconds to remove last bit of food from blades.
- Put paper towel under lid of server – stops condensation drips.
- Put baking paper under lid when milling to keep seal clean.
- Turbo unused lemon bits at night for a good clean of your TM bowl.
- Don’t accidentally leave MC in the TM bowl and turn on!
- Never forget to put your blades back in before starting up.
- A whole healthy meal in one pot cooked in 20 minutes!
- Chopping onion and garlic. No more tears!
- Press the + and – at the same time to clear the clock on TM31.
- I sit mine permanently on a square chopping board so that I can drag/move it without worrying about the scales in the feet.
- Quick clean – dishwasher gel + 2lt water = no bubbles and clean!
- Never turn the speed above 4 with the butterfly in. It’s not pretty!
- The $5 green brush is worth purchasing.
- Store butterfly and MC in TM basket inside the TM bowl, avoids chopping if turned on, slide spatula on handle so parts are together – store varoma on top – you’ll be more inspired to use it!
- Follow your recipes to the ‘T’ when you are a beginner!
- 4 secs between salad and dip!
- You can always process a bit more…. no undo button!!
- Use it every day!
- Add milk to chocolatey bowl, whizz and heat.
- Find one job that your Thermie can do for every meal.
- Avoid over processing!
- Don’t forget the bowl under the basket when draining butter
- Potato glue is not nice! Don’t over process mashed potatoes!
- Peeling garlic!
- 3 different icey cocktails in under 5 minutes….
- Lift it to shift it!
- Don’t forget to use the Reverse button when you don’t want mush!
- Enjoy it and do not be scared of it.
- Remember Time, Temperature and Speed in that order (TTS)
- Use your Varoma!
- Never leave it unattended when kneading dough
- Wriggle the black knob at bottom of bowl to help remove dough
- Go to a Cooking Class
- Speed “soft” means speed below speed 1
- “Interval” is the wheat symbol button for kneading dough
- Make sure you join in on ThermoFun Cook Alongs – they are awesome and really encouraged me to get out of my comfort zone and try new things!
Loads more hints and tips on my website: Click Here
If you have any other quick tips to add for new owners feel free to add them in the comments below.
For more great tips and recipes on using your thermomix join our free monthly newsletter here: ThermoFun Newsletter Subscription.
Click Here for many great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.