This is a very quick and easy slice to make and what’s best is that it doesn’t need to be baked in the oven! I like to work on the theory that even though it has chocolate in it – the fruit and nuts make it healthy! :)
This is also a great way to be able to clean your TM bowl and sit down and enjoy a lovely cup of warm chocolate milk.
- 250g packet Scotch Finger (shortbread) biscuits
- 70g dried apricots
- 70g macadamia nuts
- 100g white chocolate melts
- 85g sultanas
- 40g coconut, desiccated
- 70g butter
- 200g condensed milk
- 200g milk chocolate melts
- 20g coconut oil
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place 200g milk chocolate into TM bowl and grate 9 sec / speed 10. Set aside for topping.
- Place biscuits (leaving out 5) into TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 9. Crumble the remaining 5 biscuits with fingers so there are some chunky bits. Set aside in a big mixing bowl.
- Place apricots into TM bowl and chop 2 sec / speed 8. Set aside with biscuits.
- Place nuts into TM bowl and chop 2 sec / speed 7. Set aside with biscuits.
- Place white chocolate into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 6. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add sultanas and coconut in mixing bowl and mix with aid of spatula.
- Place butter and condensed milk into TM bowl and melt 3 mins / 50°C / speed 1. Add to mixing bowl mixture and combine with aid of spatula.
- Firmly press mixture into tin.
- Place coconut oil and chocolate into TM bowl and melt 3 mins / 50°C / speed 2.
- Scrape down and melt a further 1 min / 50°C / speed 2.
- Pour melted chocolate on top of slice.
- Refrigerate slice until firm. Cut into pieces to serve. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
To clean Thermomix bowl:
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
© 2023 Copyright, Legal Notice and Disclaimer: Design, photography and text copyright © ThermoFun 2014-2021. Tips and tricks within are the work of the author or nominated parties who have no association with Vorwerk or Thermomix in Australia and therefore are not official, or have the approval of Vorwerk or Thermomix in Australia. None of the recipes that appear here are tested or approved by Thermomix Australia or Vorwerk. Any thoughts expressed on this site are the authors own and are not sponsored by products unless clearly stated. Any nutritional values published on this website are general indications only, for more definitive stats use the panels provided on your products.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
Making this for the 3rd time! Big hit in our house...especially with choc coated Scotch Finger biccies ;)
Pleased you all enjoy it Kirrilly. :)
The only thing I don't have in the cupboard is Scotch Fingers...but I have the choc topped ones. I'm gonna attempt it tomorrow...or very soon!