Now this recipe is not new but an adaptation of this one – ThermoFun Tuna Cakes. It came about when I had some left over mash but I just wanted something different than the normal Tuna Cakes. So I went to my trusty spice rack and decided that a mexican twist is just what these patties needed! Voila we have thermomix mexican tuna patties/cakes. 🙂
Taking one standard dish and creating a new take on it! I love this style of cooking! It means that the cookbook shelves aren’t overloaded with 30 different ways to make something and your pantry doesn’t need to be a whole extra room! Which means – money in your pocket to buy more spatulas – you know you can never have too many spatulas – just ask my Funkies! 🙂
Why not try your favourite ThermoFun Spice and let us know what you think!
- 300g potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 900g boiling water from kettle
- 6 spring onions, quartered
- handful fresh coriander
- 425g can tuna, drained
- 4 tsp ThermoFun Taco Seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork
- olive oil
- Place potatoes into simmering basket and lower into TM bowl. Add boiling water and cook 16 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Carefully remove simmering basket and set potatoes aside. Discard water from TM bowl.
- Place spring onions and coriander into TM bowl and chop 4 sec / speed 5.
- Add potatoes, tuna, taco seasoning, salt and pepper and mix 4 sec / speed 3. Scrape down and repeat.
- Form mixture into approx. 12 patties and brush tops and bottoms with egg.
- Add a small amount of oil to a frypan on medium heat. Fry patties 3-4 mins on both sides (or until golden brown). Place onto paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, sour cream and salad. Another great option is Tomato Chutney
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.