It’s Mad Monday again! The first Monday of every month where I share with you a recipe that is very quick, but also is popular and a great family meal.
I just love a quick and tasty meal that can be on the table in 20 minutes and enjoyed by the whole family!
Our family love the spicy taste of chorizo, so this is a quick meal that features often on my monthly meal plans.
Even better the pasta cooks in your thermoserver at the same time as the onion sauce is cooking in your thermomix bowl. Enjoy! 🙂
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
This recipe was adapted to be made in the thermomix from Best Recipes.com.au
- 400g penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- generous handful fresh coriander
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced thinly
- 400g tomatoes, can or fresh, diced
- 50g white wine
- black pepper, freshly ground
Click Here to cook pasta in ThermoServer.
While your pasta is cooking, continue on to make your sauce..
- Place garlic, coriander and onion into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add chorizo and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off.
- Add tomatoes, wine and pepper and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off, placing simmering basket onto TM lid to prevent spatter.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and return pasta back into empty ThermoServer.
- Pour the Chorizo and Onion Sauce into server and combine well.
Recipe suitable for freezing.
If not wanting to use wine, you can substitute with water, stock or verjuice.
For other “Mad Monday” recipes Click Here
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.