This next sentence I think will say it all – “Tastes exactly like Cadbury Rum & Raisin Chocolate!” That was the most common comment I got when I had asked for recipe testers on this thermomix rum & raisin slice.
The recipe came about when we were heading out for a BBQ with friends for a memorial of a very dear friend. I had been racking my brain on something that was easily transportable, that wasn’t my usual clinker inspired dish (check these out here) and could just be “finger food”.
I have a pile of recipes that are, I swear, almost as big as the internet, that I want to cook and it wasn’t until I was talking with a friend that she suggested a simple chocolate slice. So I thought on it and thought that it would be an ode to our friend if I “dressed it up” with some Rum.
Well I am sure he would have loved it – because I certainly did, as did everyone else!
If you haven’t seen some of the other Wicked Wednesday recipes that are published on the 3rd Wednesday of the month then here you go ? Wicked Wednesday recipes.
Recipe was inspired from Taste.com.au
- 30g rum
- 180g dark chocolate melts
- 90g cornflakes
- 90g butter, cubed softened
- 140g desiccated coconut
- 180g raisins
- 80g currants
- 20g cacao powder
- 400g condensed milk
- 20g coconut oil
- Place a small bowl on top of TM lid and weigh raisins and currants and pour over the rum to absorb. Set aside.
- Line a 28 x 18cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place chocolate in TM bowl and grate 9 sec / speed 10. Set aside.
- Place cornflakes in TM bowl and roughly crush 2 sec / speed 5. Set aside.
- Place butter in TM bowl and melt 3 mins / 50°C / speed 2.
- Add cornflakes, coconut, raisins, currants, cacao and condensed milk and mix 20 sec / speed 2 / Reverse. Scrape down and repeat.
- Press into lined slice tin and refrigerate min 30 mins to allow to set.
- Place coconut oil and chocolate in TM bowl and melt 3 mins / 50°C / speed 2. Scrape down and melt a further 1 min / 50°C / speed 2
- Pour chocolate on top of slice and chill to set (overnight if possible).
- Slice into small bars. Keep refrigerated until serving.
Place a piece of baking paper on the MC and use that to press the mixture into tin. To get the last bits of mixture out of TM bowl place bowl back on TM unit and turbo to flick any remaining off blades.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.