I have very fond memories of a holiday my hubby and I had way back in 1990 when we visited New Orleans. We both thoroughly enjoyed the Cajun food. It is very rich and can be spicy and I’m having lots of fun creating new recipes using this Cajun Spice Mix.
NB: If you don’t like food with a bit of ‘kick’, just reduce the cayenne pepper
Recipe inspired from http://www.herbies.com.au/
Click Here for a compilation of all my recipes using the Cajun Spice Mix.
- 4 tsp basil, dried
- 4 tsp paprika, sweet
- 3 tsp garlic, powder
- 3 tsp onion, flakes
- 2 tsp fennel, seeds
- 2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 tsp sea salt, ground
- 1½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1½ tsp parsley, dried
- 1½ tsp thyme, dried
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- ½ tsp white pepper, ground
- Place all ingredients into an airtight container and shake to distribute spices evenly.
- Store away from extremes of heat, light and humidity for up to 1 year.
- Shake well before each use.
For other great ThermoFun spice blends Click Here.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.