A great dip, a nice glass of vino and some lovely company! It doesn’t get much better than that! If you want something to enjoy with your special someone then this Thermomix Spicy Thai Cheese Ball is the perfect afternoon whip up.
NB: This makes a big ball which is great for large numbers or I divide into 2 balls if only serving to a few people and freeze the other ball for another time.
With those wonderful thai spices and the little crunch of the almonds and depending on your side (cucumber is a nice refreshing break with the thai flavours) it’s no wonder you’ll get caught up in the moment and relax and enjoy the simple things.
To make this dip LCHF just omit the carrot! 🙂
If you are looking for more great Thai inspired dishes head to this link: ThermoFun Thai Spice Blend Recipes
If you are looking for more great ways to unwind and enjoy life then check out these great dips: ThermoFun Dips
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ lime, rind only
- ½ medium carrot, quartered
- ¼ small/medium red onion, peeled
- large handful coriander
- 3 mint leaves
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes, dried
- 1½ tsp ThermoFun Thai Spice Blend
- 200g cheddar cheese, cubed
- 250g cream cheese, cubed
- Place almonds into frypan and dry roast until brown.
- Place garlic and rind into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down.
- Add carrot, onion, coriander, mint, chilli and Thai spice blend and chop 2 sec / speed 6.
- Add cheddar and cream cheese and mix 10 sec / speed 7. Scrape down and repeat.
- Prepare a double layer of cling film on your bench. Empty the cheese onto the cling film into a ball like shape and pull together all sides of cling film to form cheese into a tight ball.
- Refrigerate to set for 30 mins.
- Place almonds onto baking paper. Remove cling film from cheese and roll into almonds covering the whole ball.
- Refrigerate wrapped up in cling film until ready to serve with some crackers and a glass of vino.
This makes a big ball which is great for large numbers or I divide into 2 balls if only serving to a few people and freeze the other ball for another time.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.