It’s Wicked Wednesday again! On the third Wednesday of every month I share with you a wicked recipe! 🙂 If you are new to ThermoFun make sure you check out my other Wicked Wednesday recipes.
This recipe was inspired and converted to be made in the Thermomix from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
This makes a giant cake sized cookie that’s soft and chewy in the centre and crunchier around the edges. It’s really lovely served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or even just a dollop of cream.
- 170g butter, cubed, softened
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 whole egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- pinch of salt
- 200g milk or dark choc chips
- 50g milk or dark choc chips (extra)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 23cm spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar into TM bowl and mix 30 sec / speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix 30 sec / speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add flour, cornflour, bi-carb soda and salt and mix 20 sec / speed 4. Scrape down.
- Add 200g choc chips and mix 15 sec / speed 2 / Reverse.
- Gently distribute and press down the mix into cake tin.
- Bake in oven 15 mins. After 15 mins, wrap a piece of foil on top of cake tin to prevent burning. Continue baking for another 15-18 mins.
- As soon as you remove the cake from oven, sprinkle remaining choc chips on top.
- Allow cake to cool a little in cake tin on a wire rack before serving. It should be a little gooey and chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
- Slice and serve warm with ice cream or a dollop of cream if desired.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.