It’s Wicked Wednesday again! On the third Wednesday of every month I share with you a wicked recipe! 🙂 If you are new to ThermoFun make sure you check out my other Wicked Wednesday recipes.
This recipe was inspired from Slow Cooker Central and I tweaked it to be made in the Thermomix.
One of my lovely ThermoFun Club Members asked me in our Funkies facebook group if I could try and convert the recipe. Well it took many, many attempts as each time it just wasn’t quite right with the fudge setting properly. I thought I had the recipe perfect and gave it to a few of my members to test for me. They also had troubles with it setting! It got to the point where the recipe was doing my head in but I was determined not to let it beat me as the taste was fantastic! Finally I had success! Phew!!
This irresistible and mouthwatering fudge would be absolutely lovely for Christmas gifts for teachers, bosses or friends and family!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Warning though it is a little addictive! 🙂
- 250g Arnotts Butternut Snap Cookies
- 200g condensed milk
- 200g milk chocolate melts
- 200g condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 6 x 15g Cadbury Caramello Koalas
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside for fudge layer.
- Place biscuits into TM bowl and chop 8 sec / speed 10. Scrape down and repeat if not all biscuits are crushed.
- Add condensed milk and heat 1 min / 90°C / speed 4.
Press mixture into tin and place into fridge while making the fudge.
No need to wash TM bowl.
NB: work quickly as the mixture is sticky! Use your TM spatula to get the majority out and then place bowl back onto TM unit and flick mixture off blades
5 sec / speed 10.
As fudge is sticky, place baking paper over MC to press mixture into the corners of tin. Don’t be too fussy now, as once you remove from fridge it will be easy to flatten the base properly then.
Place grated chocolate and remaining fudge ingredients into TM bowl and cook
8 mins / 100°C / speed 2. Scrape down and continue cooking 5 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Working quickly, pour fudge on top of biscuit base and place back in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.