You know me – it has to be easy and tasty so that I can get to eating my many chocolate recipes! Now this thermomix veggie chorizo frittata was literally born from the “leftovers” in the fridge before shopping day!
So keep the base ingredients on hand and then you have the ability to wow the family one day each week with a simple, delicious, budget friendly dinner.
I have made other varieties of frittatas that have had:
- shredded chicken
- left over roast pork/beef/lamb
- I have also used the leftovers of the bacon jam jar.
- I even did a little cajun spice and chorizo frittata.
- and you know me I ALWAYS have a little coriander on hand to throw in! 😀
It really is just a throw together dinner when the fridge is running bare – a great late morning breakfast or even a lunchbox mate for a fresh salad.
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2cm lengths
- 3 rashers short cut bacon, diced
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1000g boiling water from kettle
- 5 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- 125g chorizo, sliced
- Place all vegetables and bacon into TM bowl and cook 8 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse.
- While that's cooking, boil a kettle of water and line the Varoma tray with baking paper, coming up the sides a little.
- Crack eggs into a separate bowl and whisk with a fork, adding pepper.
- When the bacon and veg mixture has completed cooking, (drain in simmering basket if need be) and spread it over the lined Varoma tray.
- Carefully pour the whisked eggs on top, making sure it is evenly covered.
- Place the slices of chorizo on top and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl and place assembled Varoma onto TM lid and cook 15 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Serve with a lovely green salad.
I wet the baking paper and crumple it up a little, then shake the water out before fitting it on the Varoma tray. It behaves much better this way!
For more great recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.