Chutney is an awesome accompaniment to any meal really! This thermomix tomato chutney is amazingly delicious and I found it hard to stop putting it on EVERYTHING! It has the perfect amount of spice to compliment a meal and not overpower it.
I doubt you would have much left over Christmas Ham but if you have some in the freezer then defrost it – whip this up and wow you will have a beautiful sandwich. Oh and shredded chicken too is delicious with this tomato chutney!
The best little gem I found is Mexican Tuna Patties & tomato chutney! This combo came about because I couldn’t find a ripe avocado at the shops! It was a brunch time combo that hit all the right spots! 🙂
You won’t be disappointed keeping this one in the fridge! Thank you to one of my lovely ThermoFun members, Anna, for asking me to convert it for you!
This is another great recipe to add to food gift baskets for Birthdays, Easter, Christmas or just because you care!
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 cm fresh ginger
- 500g red or brown onions, peeled and halved
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 1kg tomatoes, quartered
- 150g brown sugar
- 150g red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cardamom, ground
- ½ tsp paprika, sweet
- Place garlic, ginger, onion and chilli in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Add tomatoes in TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 5 sec / speed 3.
Cook 60 mins / 100°C / speed 2 / Reverse / MC off placing simmering basket on top of lid to prevent spatter.
NB: rinse simmering basket every now and then to clear holes so steam can escape.
- Continue cooking 30 mins / Varoma / speed 2 / Reverse / MC off placing simmering basket on top of lid to prevent spatter.
Note: If you like a bit of heat, leave seeds in the chilli.
This recipe is NOT suitable for doubling up.
Approx shelf life 3 months in fridge.
- 300g potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 900g boiling water from kettle
- 6 spring onions, quartered
- handful fresh coriander
- 425g can tuna, drained
- 4 tsp ThermoFun Taco Seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork
- olive oil
- Place potatoes into simmering basket and lower into TM bowl. Add boiling water and cook 16 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Carefully remove simmering basket and set potatoes aside. Discard water from TM bowl.
- Place spring onions and coriander into TM bowl and chop 4 sec / speed 5.
- Add potatoes, tuna, taco seasoning, salt and pepper and mix 4 sec / speed 3. Scrape down and repeat.
- Form mixture into approx. 12 patties and brush tops and bottoms with egg.
- Add a small amount of oil to a frypan on medium heat. Fry patties 3-4 mins on both sides (or until golden brown). Place onto paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- Serve with guacamole, Mexican salsa (recipe for Mexican salsa is in the ThermoFun 2014 members e-cookbook), sour cream and salad. Another great option is Tomato Chutney
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.