Today is the 4th Thursday of the month which I call “Thirsty Thursday” where I share with you a recipe for a drink. Sometimes the drinks are alcoholic and sometimes I actually surprise you with something a little more healthy! 🙂
A liker on my ThermoFun facebook page messaged me asking me if I could convert a recipe for “Golden Turmeric Milk”.
I must say, I first thought that she must not know me very well as my reputation is more about being a chocoholic rather than up with the latest health related recipes! 😉
We all know that turmeric is very good for us, so I was very intrigued to give it a try. I have seen this drink do the rounds on social media of late so it must be somewhat popular!
I had a friend test my converted recipe for me and she emailed me back saying: “Thank you for sharing this recipe with me! I know you’re not a health food site, but this really is a lovely night time hot drink! I’m sure you would have some takers being interested in wanting to try it. Turmeric seems to be the flavour of the day at the moment.“
Well today I’m going to call it “Two Thirsty Thursday” and share two contrasting recipes with you. One extremely healthy drink and one hmmm not so healthy, but oh my goodness me it’s so very yum! Besides, I thought I’d better share the not so healthy one so as not to spoil my reputation! 😉 Click Here for the not so healthy recipe. 🙂
It will be interesting to see which one gets the most views today.
The many potential health benefits of turmeric include;
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiseptic, analgesic.
- Boosts immunity.
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels.
- Promotes digestive health.
- Liver detoxifier.
- Regulates metabolism and weight management.
- High blood pressure.
- Memory and brain function.
- Various skin conditions.
- Neurological disorders.
- Lowers Triglycerides
Recipe adapted to be made in the Thermomix from Healthy Holistic Living website.
- 120g filtered or boiled water
- 40g turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 220g Almond or Coconut Milk, or a mixture of the two
- 1 tsp turmeric paste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- honey, to taste
- Place water, turmeric and pepper into TM bowl and make into a paste 30 sec / 80°C / speed 2. Scrape down with a spatula any turmeric powder from the sides of the bowl and off the tops of the blades. Continue 1 min / 80°C / speed 2.
- Place the paste into a jar and store in the fridge.
- Place 220g milk, 1 tsp turmeric paste and 1 tsp coconut oil into TM bowl and heat 5 mins / 80°C / speed 2. Add honey to taste.
For more “Thirsty Thursday” Recipes Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.