An old family favourite converted from a Women’s Weekly Cookbook to be made in the Thermomix.
- handful fresh parsley
- 2 slices of bread, quartered (for bread crumbs to sprinkle on top)
- 50g cheese cubed
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 1 stick celery
- ½ red capsicum
- 20g olive oil
- 500g milk
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 130g small pasta
- 425g can of tuna drained
- paprika, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place parsley in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8. Set aside.
- Place bread in TM bowl and crumb 4 sec / speed 6. Set aside.
- Place cheese in TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 8. Set aside.
- Place onion, celery, capsicum and oil in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 2 / MC off.
- Add milk, cornflour and mustard and cook 2 mins / 100°C / speed 4 / Reverse
- Add pasta and cook as per pasta packet directions. For small pasta usually about 10 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add tuna, parsley and half the cheese and mix 1 min / speed 2 / Reverse.
- Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining cheese. Sprinkle paprika on top.
- Bake in oven for approx. 10 mins.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.