Do you enjoy just pulling a tomato base sauce full of flavour from the freezer? Then this thermomix Passata recipe is very handy to have in the freezer to use in spaghetti bol, nachos, on a pizza base or in any recipe that calls for can tomatoes – it adds a whole new flavour dimension to whatever you are using it in. Enjoy!
Made extra flavoursome with the herbs and capsicum and semi-dried tomatoes your family won’t be disappointed with the flavour this base puts out! I encourage you to give it a go and leave the bland watered down passatas on the shelf.
Click Here for ThermoFun recipes using Passata.
- ½ lemon, rind + juice
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- handful fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- handful fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried
- 300g red capsicum, quartered
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes
- 20g olive oil
- 1200g tomatoes, can or fresh, diced
- 140g ThermoFun Tomato Paste
- 100g boiling water from kettle
- 1 Tbsp mixed herbs, dried
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Place lemon rind into TM bowl and zest 10 sec / speed 9.
- Add garlic, onion, basil, parsley, capsicum, sun-dried tomatoes and oil and chop 5 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add remaining ingredients (except bay leaf) and mix 5 sec / speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add bay leaf and cook 30 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off, placing simmering basket onto TM lid to prevent spatter.
- Once cooked, remove bay leaf and pour into freezer containers.
DO NOT double this recipe due to over flowing the TM bowl.
This makes approximately 1200g. I usually use 600g in most recipes and freeze the other 600g.
If a thinner sauce is required leave MC in TM lid while cooking.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.