This is such a versatile thermomix pie crust for those that are not eating grains or following low carb healthy fat eating. This thermomix grain free pastry tart base is great for anyone really and a perfect pie/quiche case.
Versatile in its use in sweet or savoury pies, you name it and you can pretty much make it! Make a large Lemon Curd Pie or a Passionfruit Curd Pie use the same recipe and make in to little individual cheesecakes or even a chocolate mousse cake.
The base has an almost biscuit quality with a lovely flavour from the sesame seeds.
Can you wait until Wicked Wednesday to see what I use the base for?
- 300g almond flour
- 50g sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk
- ½ tsp salt
- 40g butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line a 23cm quiche, tart or spring form tin.
- Place almond flour and sesame seeds into TM bowl and mix 20 sec / speed 5.
- Add remaining ingredients and form a dough 1 min / speed 5.
- Press dough evenly into tin going about halfway up the sides.
- Pierce the dough with a fork and pre-bake in oven 12 mins.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.