Oh boy where do I even start to share with you about this recipe?! I’ve had it for about 25 years and sadly I can’t even remember who gave me the recipe. I love Clinkers! So the first time I converted this to be made in the Thermomix was Christmas 2012. Being Christmas I thought I’d do red and green Clinker Rocky Road! Which of course meant that I just ‘had’ to eat all the yellow Clinkers while I was making it! As it so happens the yellow Clinkers are my favourite, so it is not unusual for us to have Christmas Clinker Rocky Road all year round because someone then has to eat all the yellow ones!! Shhhh don’t tell my family! 🙂
Buy 2 packets of Clinkers - cut all in half - eat all the yellow ones while melting chocolate and only use the red and green in the Rocky Road!
- 500g chocolate melts, milk or dark
- 20g coconut oil
- 100g baby marshmallows (set 3 aside)
- 190g Raspberry lollies. cut in half
- 300g Clinkers, cut in half
- glass of milk of choice (optional)
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil into TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 9.
- Scrape down and melt 5 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Scrape down and continue melting a further 2 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Set TM 2 mins / 50°C / speed 1 / Reverse and while blades are moving, add Raspberries, marshmallows and Clinkers through the hole in TM lid.
- Ensure all ingredients are combined with aid of spatula, then place into prepared slice tin and cool in fridge before cutting into squares.
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
oh and don't forget to place the 3 marshmallows that you set aside on top of your chocolate milk!
Raspberries: the packets are usually 200g so I took that to mean that I was then allowed to eat the other 10gram while making the Rocky Road!
Raspberries can be substituted with other red jelly lollies e.g. red snakes / red frogs.
Please note that the coconut oil is not essential. It just makes the chocolate a little smoother and therefore easier to work with.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.