Ok it’s no secret that I am a little obsessed when it comes to chocolate – and to try and rate one chocolate bar higher than the other sure is a challenge for me to decide on!! I really think though that Snickers are very near the top of my favourite list… along with Picnic, Boost, twirl oh my goodness I could just go on and on…. See told you I couldn’t decide!!!
These cookie squares are just so quick and easy to whip up in the Thermomix – it’s just a shame I have to sit and wait for 25 minutes drooling watching through the oven door as the snickers gradually melt…. Mmmmmm ☺
The recipe calls for 200g snickers – the bars I bought were 53g x 4…. So guess what just had to happen to the remaining 12g?!! (oh and perhaps quite a few more grams too!!!) – well I did have to check the bars weren’t off!! 😉
Recipe came from an old Woman’s Day magazine which I then converted to be made in the Thermomix.
- 100g butter, cubed, softened
- 55g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 180g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g Snickers bars (chopped into 1cm cubes)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20x20cm tin with baking paper (have paper over hang sides so it is easy to pull out of the tin).
- Place butter and sugar into TM bowl and mix 30 sec / speed 4. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add egg, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt and mix 20 sec / speed 4. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add Snickers and with aid of spatula stir through.
- Place into tin and flatten surface and bake 25 mins.
- Allow to cool in tin (or until you just can’t hang out any longer!) and then cut into squares.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.