Wicked Wednesday comes to you thanks to the ThermoFun Week Cook Along. This recipe was on the menu plan for today (day 4), but with over 1250 people registered it didn’t even make the official start and people were sharing their creations from Day 1! 🙂
So far I have made this using:
- Mars Bar
- Snickers (my all time favourite chocolate)
But other members have used:
- Cherry Ripe
- Turkish Delight
If you were to give this a go what Chocolate would you use? Caramellos, Fruit & Nut, Picnics, Mint Patties the list is really endless! A new creation every week even. 🙂
- 110g raw sugar
- 150g Mars Bars – cut into thirds (or any chocolate bar of your choice)
- 200g milk or dark chocolate (for base)
- 20g coconut oil
- 200g milk chocolate (additional)
- 125g butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 185g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease a square cake tin and line base with baking paper extending paper over the sides. Line base with foil (the foil will stop the chocolate base from burning). Spray foil lightly with cooking spray.
- Place sugar into TM bowl and mill 3 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place Mars Bars into TM bowl and chop 4 sec / speed 6. Set aside.
- Place 200g chocolate and coconut oil into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Scrape down and melt 5 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
Pour chocolate into base of tin on top of foil. Refrigerate while preparing next step.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Place 200g chocolate and butter into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Scrape down and melt 5 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Add sugar, eggs and flour and mix 20 sec / speed 3.
- With the aid of spatula stir in chopped Mars Bars.
- Remove tin from fridge and spread mixture from TM bowl over chocolate in tin. The mixture is very thick and sticky – press down with fingers and spatula into tin (then lick fingers and spatula!!)
- Bake in oven for 30 mins.
- Cool in tin, refrigerate for approx. 30 mins to set chocolate.
- Turn Brownie out and carefully peel foil off. Turn over again and cut into squares.
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
For other ThermoFun Wicked Wednesday recipes Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.