I really love how beautiful salmon is when steamed in the varoma, the coconut rice and the Thai flavours in the marinade were loved by all! ☺
- 350g basmati rice
- 400g coconut milk
- 600g boiling water from kettle
- 1 bunch coriander (leaves and stalks)
- 12 mint leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli
- juice of two limes
- 15g fish sauce
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- bok choy
- 900g boiling water from kettle
- Place rice into simmering basket and rinse under cold tap until water runs clear. Insert basket into TM bowl.
- Add coconut milk and boiling water and cook 18 mins / 100°C / speed 4. Place rice into pre-heated ThermoServer.
- Place coriander, mint, garlic, ginger, chilli, lime juice and fish sauce into TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 8. Scrape down and repeat.
Lay each salmon fillet onto a piece of baking paper large enough to fold into a parcel. Divide Thai marinade on top of each fillet. Wrap each into a parcel by folding over the top pieces of paper and then rolling up sides to contain any cooking liquid that will form whilst cooking. Place fish parcels into Varoma.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl. Place assembled Varoma onto TM lid.
- Cook salmon 14 mins / Varoma / speed 2 (time may vary depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets).
- Place bok choy between fish parcels in Varoma and continue steaming 4 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- To serve, place salmon on top of bok choy. Top salmon with marinade from parcels. Serve with coconut rice and additional salad or vegetables if desired.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.