I remember eating these as a kid, but have never really made them with our family. It wasn’t until a friend asked if I knew a good recipe that I made the decision to give them a go in my Thermomix! I had just finished cooking them, when we got called out and by the time we got home it was a dollop of avocado on them and literally demolished within seconds!
If you have a go at them, guacamole and mexican salsa would be so beautiful with a great salad for lunch, dinner or snack!
- 300g potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes (sweet potato or white potatoes)
- 900g boiling water from kettle
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 chilli chopped, or a good shake of chilli flakes
- 425g tin tuna, drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork
- olive oil or coconut oil for frying
- Place potatoes into simmering basket and lower into TM bowl. Add boiling water and cook 16 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Carefully remove simmering basket and set potatoes aside, Discard water from TM bowl.
- Place spring onions, parsley and chilli into TM bowl and chop 4 sec / speed 5.
- Add potatoes, tuna, salt and pepper and mix 4 sec / speed 3. Scrape down and repeat.
- Form mixture into approx. 12 patties and brush tops and bottoms with egg.
- Add a small amount of oil to a frypan on medium heat. Fry patties 3-4 mins on both sides (or until golden brown). Place onto paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- Serve with guacamole, Mexican salsa, sour cream and salad.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.