If you enjoy sticky rice then this is a beautiful dessert with the tropical flavours of pineapple and mint. Mango goes beautifully too for a change.
- 300g sticky rice (don't rinse)
- 1000g boiling water from kettle
- 130g water
- 110g raw sugar
- 1 lime zest and juice
- ½ fresh pineapple cut into small pieces
- handful mint leaves shredded (plus a few extra for serving)
- 100g macadamia, toasted roughly cut
- 270ml can coconut cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pour boiling water in TM bowl. Insert simmering basket and add rice.
- Cook rice 15 mins /100°C / speed 2. Place cooked rice into ThermoServer and wash TM bowl.
- To make syrup: add water, sugar, lime zest and juice and cook 2 mins / 50°C / speed 2.
- Pour syrup over pineapple pieces and mint in a large bowl and set aside.
- Pour coconut cream into a bowl and stir through salt. Set aside.
- Mix in to the sticky rice with a spatula macadamia nuts, pineapple and syrup mix. It may look like too much syrup but it will be absorbed. Let it cool, rest and absorb the flavours for min 10 mins. Gently mix through again when ready to serve.
- Spoon rice mixture into serving glasses or bowls. Spoon over the top a couple tablespoons of coconut cream and add a small sprig of mint.
Sticky rice can also be called "Glutinous Rice"
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.