Well apparently today is National Cookie Day! 🙂 So perfect excuse in my opinion to make these yummy Top Deck Cookies. These cookies were made by many on the July ThermoFun Cook Along and were loved by all.
This recipe was adapted from the Cadbury website to be made in the Thermomix.
- 220g Cadbury Dairy Milk Top Deck, broken into squares and chopped (6 rows chopped in TM – 3 rows quartered with a knife)
- 250g butter, softened
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 400g self raising flour
- 70g plain flour
- Pre heat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place 6 rows of chocolate (broken into squares) into TM bowl and chop ½ sec / Turbo. Remove the tiny bits and then ½ sec / Turbo the squares that still need to be chopped. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugars into TM bowl and mix 2 mins / speed 4.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix 15 sec / speed 4.
- Add self-raising flour and plain flour 15 sec / speed 8. Scrape down and mix 10 sec / speed 8.
- Scrape mixture into a big plastic bowl and then mix with aid of spatula the 6 rows of chocolate that you chopped up and set aside.
- Divide mixture into balls and press lightly onto baking trays allowing space for spreading. Stud the top of the cookies with the remaining 3 rows of chocolate. (I quartered each square using a knife).
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until cooked and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.