A good old fashion Devonshire tea – I don’t think too many people can pass that up. UNLESS there is chocolate or clinker “something” on the table! What.. you know I love my chocolate!! 🙂
With only 3 scone ingredients these Thermomix scones can be on the table before your guests knock on the door! The scones have a nice crunchy/soft outside and a soft fluffy inside. Based off something my Nan used to serve us, I challenge you to take 30 minutes (after cooking time) out to enjoy yourself a nice Devonshire tea!
Now I am sure you’re wondering about the picture! Well there is a story….
I was visiting my friend Julie and got her to “test my recipe” and we were setting up the table for a photo and her gorgeous 4 year old daughter asks:
“Mummy can you take a photo of my scones too?”
So we took a photo and I really love the photo and the memory attached, so I decided to make it the main photo. 🙂
Thinking on this – the recipe and the method would be perfect for the little chefs to get in and help.
- 400g self raising flour
- 40g butter, cubed, softened
- 220g milk
- milk, for top of scones
- cream (to serve on top)
- jam (to serve on top)
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Place flour and butter into TM bowl and mix 10 sec / speed 4.
- Add milk and mix 5 sec / speed 4.
- Knead 30 sec / interval.
- Tip out onto Thermomix mat or floured bench.
- Lightly knead together then LIGHTLY push out to be 2-5cm thick (more to the thicker side gives a fluffier scone)
- Use a scone cutter or a glass to cut scones. Try to get as close to the edge of each scone hole when cutting to avoid having to knead the dough (my glass is 6.5cm in diameter).
- Place scones onto baking tray lined with baking paper, placing around 1-2 cm apart.
- Lightly brush scones with milk.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 mins. Check them after 10 mins.
- Take out of oven and wrap in a clean dry tea towel and let sit for 5 mins.
Why not share your experience with these scones and whether your little chef got in on the action too.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.