Happy Australia Day from Sydney! 🙂
I couldn’t let Australia Day go by without publishing my damper recipe. This damper is beautiful – what I really love about it is that it doesn’t need time to rise so it can be whipped up very quickly in your thermomix! The options are endless with this recipe. You can add whatever spices and or herbs you like. You can also use different types of cheese if you prefer. If you need to avoid nuts the walnuts are not essential.
This recipe was loved by many on the ThermoFun July 2014 Cook Along.
A tip for new owners: to get bread dough out easily – turn bowl upside down and twist the bottom of the blade (black knob) – the dough will loosen off the blade and just drop out. You can also sprinkle a little flour on the blades after making dough then replace lid, press turbo a couple of times and it will flick off any remaining dough off the blades for you! 🙂
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ cup rosemary sprigs
- 2 Tbsp ThermoFun Moroccan Spice (or seasoning of your choice)
- 80g cold butter, cubed
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- 50g walnuts
- 450g self raising flour
- 100g milk
- 100g water
- milk (extra for brushing on top of dough)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place garlic and rosemary into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 8 sec / speed 8.
- Knead 90 sec / Interval.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into a 20cm round bun. Transfer to tray.
- Cut a large cross on top and brush lightly with a small amount of milk. Sprinkle additional dried herbs of your choice on top.
- Bake for 35 mins or until golden.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.