A light, fresh side salad packed with great flavours. It can be enjoyed all year round, but with the vibrant red and green colours it always makes a stunning addition to any Christmas table.
This recipe was thoroughly enjoyed by all on the November 2014 ThermoFun Cook Along.
- 70g pine nuts
- 1 red capsicum, quartered
- 220g risoni
- 1200g boiling water from kettle
- 50g olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp paprika, sweet
- handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cucumber
- 130g currants
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place pine nuts into TM bowl and dry roast 8 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / MC off. Set aside into a salad bowl.
- Place capsicum into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Add to salad bowl.
- Place risoni and boiling water into TM bowl and cook 8 mins / 100°C / speed 4 / Reverse / MC off.
- Strain risoni then run under cold water tap. Drain well and add to salad bowl.
- Place oil, cumin, turmeric and paprika into TM bowl and cook 5 mins / 100°C / speed 2.
- While oil and spices are cooking, chop coriander and dice cucumber and add to salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add currants to TM bowl and cook 2 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Stir the fragrant oil and currants gently through the other salad ingredients.
* If you are not a coriander fan this works well with parsley.
• Stir through pre-cooked shredded meat (eg. chicken, ham, lamb).
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.