I love Anzac biscuits. I came across this recipe in the Super Food Ideas Magazine that was screaming out at me to be converted to be made in the Thermomix. It is gluten free with quinoa flakes (so that must make them healthy right?). They were worth making as they made my house smell divine! They were very yummy and even tastier the next day too!
- 60g golden syrup
- 120g butter, cubed
- 70g brown sugar
- 80g quinoa, flakes
- 50g almonds, flaked
- 70g coconut, desiccated
- 150g self raising flour
- 20g hot water
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- Place golden syrup and butter into TM bowl and melt 4 mins / 50° / speed 1.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine. Closed lid position / 40 sec / Interval speed.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place 3cm apart on trays. Gently flatten them with a fork.
- Bake for 15mins, rotating the two trays mid way.
- Allow to rest on trays for 5 mins before placing onto a wire rack.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.