Quick simple and packs some nice flavours this thermomix pancetta and asparagus pasta salad is perfect accompaniment to take (along with some clinker rocky road) to a bbq. If you’re going on a picnic with the family this is a great light salad that won’t weigh down any hiking you may do.
I’ve had this recipe since about 2010 after having this dish at a friend’s BBQ. I believe it was out of one of the free Coles/Woolworths books at the time. I love the simplicity, the flavour and also the ease in making the dish. Great lunch dish and also works well with ‘roast’ chicken.
- 500g pasta, bow ties
- 2 bunches asparagus, chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced by hand
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 100g pancetta, roughly cut
- 120g mayonnaise
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Cook pasta in your ThermoServer Click Here for directions. The last two mins add asparagus to ThermoServer. Drain and place into a salad bowl.
- Add spring onions to salad bowl.
- Place parsley in TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5. Add to salad bowl.
- Place pancetta in TM bowl and cook 5 mins / 100°C / speed soft / MC off. Add to salad bowl.
Place mayonnaise, juice, zest and mustard in TM bowl and mix 10 sec / speed soft.
NB: If the taste is not tangy enough for your taste add extra lemon rind and juice.
- Toss mayonnaise through the pasta salad.
This salad was thoroughly enjoyed by ThermoFun members in the November ThermoFun Cook Along.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.