Quick simple and packs some nice flavours this thermomix pancetta and asparagus pasta salad is perfect accompaniment to take (along with some clinker rocky road) to a bbq. If you’re going on a picnic with the family this is a great light salad that won’t weigh down any hiking you may do.
I’ve had this recipe since about 2010 after having this dish at a friend’s BBQ. I believe it was out of one of the free Coles/Woolworths books at the time. I love the simplicity, the flavour and also the ease in making the dish. Great lunch dish and also works well with ‘roast’ chicken.
- 500g pasta, bow ties
- 2 bunches asparagus, chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced by hand
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 100g pancetta, roughly cut
- 120g mayonnaise
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Cook pasta in your ThermoServer Click Here for directions. The last two mins add asparagus to ThermoServer. Drain and place into a salad bowl.
- Add spring onions to salad bowl.
- Place parsley into TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5. Add to salad bowl.
- Place pancetta into TM bowl and cook 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / MC off. Add to salad bowl.
- Place mayonnaise, juice, zest and mustard into TM bowl and mix 10 sec / speed 1. Note: if the taste is not tangy enough for your taste add extra lemon rind and juice.
- Toss mayonnaise through the pasta salad.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.